Accountant Cover Letter Sample
A well-written accountant cover letter gives you a strong advantage in your job search and job application process.
Writing a cover letter can be challenging. You can make it easier by referring to this professional example for senior accountants. Re-work the sample cover letter to create your own unique and relevant letter.
Include your own details, highlight your skills and strengths and create a senior accountant cover letter that gets you the results you want.
Accounting Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mr Mark Stevens
Human Resources Director
15 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mr Stevens
I have over seven years solid accounting experience and respond to your recent job posting for an accountant with enthusiasm. I would like to highlight my skills and expertise as they relate to your current requirements.
- Extensive experience in compiling and analyzing accurate and timely financial reports utilizing a number of procedures and applications.
- Established and monitored implementation of accounting control
procedures and streamlined a number of reporting processes to ensure
aggressive deadlines were met.
- Developed innovative solutions for achieving a wide range of financial management strategies and objectives include cost reduction and the optimal use of key technology.
- Strong IT skills with knowledge and experience in accounting applications including MS Office, NetSuite, and FreshBooks.
- Solid background in auditing, taxation and budgeting.
- Proven people management and supervisory skills.
- In depth knowledge of current legislative and regulatory requirements.
I am seeking an opportunity to excel in a dynamic company and have enclosed my resume as further evidence of the contribution I can make to ABC Company. I would enjoy meeting with you to further discuss this opportunity. Please contact me, via phone or e-mail, to set up a mutually convenient time and date for us to meet.
Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Accountant Cover Letter Tips
To create a good accounting cover letter clearly match your qualifications and expertise to the the job.
This information should be in bullet format as the human eye is naturally drawn
to bullets, and they provide the data in an easy-to-read format.
Know what your strengths are and highlight these in your resume.
Your Accountant Job Application
Highlight how you meet all the necessary accounting task requirements in your application letter for the accounting position. Visit the accountant job description to check on this.
Accounting Resumes That Get Results
Use this sample accountant resume to develop your own job-winning resume. Easy-to-adapt for your own use.
Popular Accountant Cover Letter Pages
What are the qualities of a good accountant?
In your accountant cover letter focus on those competencies that are
central to successful job performance for an accountant. Consider the
job posting and decide on the most important competency keywords to use
in your cover letter.
Employers have highlighted the following ten job competencies as being essential for most accounting positions:
- attention to detail
- planning and organizing
- strategic thinking
- problem analysis and resolution
- data monitoring and analysis
- judgment and decision-making
- teamwork and collaboration
- professional integrity
To gain further insight into these competencies go to Core Job Competencies
Accountant Job Interviews
Be well prepared for your accountant job interview. View the accountant interview questions you might be asked. Use the answer guidelines to prepare your own convincing interview answers and increase your chances of job search success.